Aug 11, 2010

Clothespin Chip Clip

I know this post may not appeal to many (simply because you all don't have a bunch of clothespins lying around...or maybe you do?), but I'm excited about my recent discovery. I bought a ton of clothespins when we lived in Wisconsin. Most of the homes out there have clotheslines, ours included, so I decided to throw back to the simpler life with the rest of the Wisconsians (yes, a name I just coined) and line dry on occasion. Although, come to think of it, that isn't simpler than throwing it in the dryer! I digress.

Needless to say, I no longer have a clothesline but am stuck with lots of clothespins. My baby girl, Emmy, had them strewn about the house one day and when I discovered one in the kitchen and couldn't find a chip clip, its dual usage was inescapable. We currently have annoying chip clips so I was thrilled to discover how perfectly it worked! In fact, I vow only to buy cute clothespins in the future for my chipclip needs; they are smaller, just as strong, and you get at least twice as many for the same price.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I didn't know you could buy cute clothespins, but I've been doing this for years. My pantry is full of half eaten bags with clothespins sticking out the tops. I love them. So easy to pop on and off, and when they break, no big deal, chuck em in the garbage. I think I got 50 or so for a dollar at the dollar store.

Susan Anderson said...

I like clothespins. They come in handy. And they make cute Christmas tree decorations, too.

;)

karen said...

I do have clothespins. And I never once thought of using them to hold bags closed. But now I will! Thanks!

Kierstin said...

Great idea! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails