Sep 15, 2010

Snack Time Fishing

I had the privilege of watching this cute little guy named Max last week. When it was time for a snack he asked if I happened to have pretzel sticks, peanut butter, and fishies. He went on to explain that he wanted to go fishing with the pretzel sticks! We were both pretty bummed that I didn't have the proper tools, but I thought this was the cutest idea and knew it would become an instant favorite for my kids. It's no wonder something so fun came from his mouth, his mother is a creative genius when it comes to entertaining little ones.

As you see in the picture above, you dab a glob of peanut butter onto a plate, scatter some fishies around, and give the kids pretzel sticks. It's then up to them to dip their pretzel stick into the peanut butter, pick up a fish with its gooey goodness, and pop the fun into their mouth.

Who knew snacking could be so exciting!

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, that is one of the best picky eater snacks I've ever seen. That woman is a genius.

=)

Stacie said...

Cute! I'm going to try this.

Kierstin said...

What a great idea! So cute and fun for kids!!

Marianne said...

What a fun idea. We'll have to try this.
(Hey, what kind of plate...or is it a bowl...do you have them on...I can't figure it out???)

karen said...

That's a great idea! I'm going to pass that along to my daughter for her little girls (and use it myself when they come visit!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails