Jul 16, 2010

Healthy Sleep Schedule


There is one book that I go back to time and time again to help me normalize my kid's sleep schedule. Is it just me, or does everyone forget what to do with each new baby? It comes from the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Especially in their first couple years of life...I tend to forget how many naps they should be taking and when. After 3 months of age I find this schedule to be right on. It goes like this:

Start the day: 7am
1st Nap: 9am
(disappears between ages 1-2)
2nd Nap: 1pm (disappears between ages 2-4
3rd Nap: between 3-5pm
(disappears around 9 months of age)
Bedtime: 6-8pm

1st awakening

2nd awakening


We live by the 6-8pm bedtime for our kids and it is wonderful for both them and us.

LOVE THIS SCHEDULE!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails